by Anura Guruge
For the list of 24 names announced for the Saturday, November 20, 2010 consistory, in the order announced.
Consistory Central for November 20, 2010 cardinal creating consistory.
Scroll down the blog for many posts related to this announcement including latest papabile. Check the comments.
- Two of the named were born on New Year’s day, January 1 — albeit 8 years apart; Estepa Llaurens (in 1926) and Vela Chiriboga (in 1934).
[When created they will be the only cardinals born on that special day.]
- Five of the named [21%] are born in September, though none on the same day or year, the years ranging from 1934 to 1953. These five being: Sardi (1), Piacenza (15), De Paolis (19), Marx (21) & Mazombwe (24).
[When these 5 join the ranks, we will have 23 cardinals born in September. But, those born in March pip this by 3. April as well as May only have 10.]
- Two of the named have the first name ‘Paolo‘, viz. Romeo & Sardi.
[When they become cardinals, we will have 6 cardinals who are ‘Paul‘, but only three who are ‘Peter‘.]
- When Amato, the first named, becomes a cardinal deacon we will have 5 angels in the College, Sodano the oldest and Comastri the youngest.
- German Reinhard Marx, dob: Sept. 21, 1953, will become the youngest cardinal, 453 days younger than the hitherto youngest, Hungarian Peter Erdö, dob: June 25, 1952.