The 20 Electors per the correct order (that will determine future precedence):
- Archbishop Angelo Amato S.D.B., Prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints.
- His Beatitude Antonios Naguib, Patriarch of Alexandria of the Copts, Egypt.
- Archbishop Robert Sarah, President of the Pontifical Council “Cor Unum”.
- Archbishop Francesco Monterisi, Archpriest of the papal basilica of St. Paul’s Outside-the-Walls.
- Archbishop Fortunato Baldelli, Penitentiary Major of the Apostolic Penitentiary.
- Archbishop Raymond Leo Burke, Prefect of the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura.
- Archbishop Kurt Koch, President of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity.
- Archbishop Paolo Sardi, Vice chamberlain of Holy Roman Church.
- Archbishop Mauro Piacenza, Prefect of the Congregation for the Clergy.
- Archbishop Velasio De Paolis C.S., President of the Prefecture for the Economic Affairs of the Holy See.
- Archbishop Gianfranco Ravasi, President of the Pontifical Council for Culture.
- Archbishop Medardo Joseph Mazombwe, Emeritus of Lusaka, Zambia.
- Archbishop Raul Eduardo Vela Chiriboga, Emeritus Quito, Ecuador.
- Archbishop Laurent Monsengwo Pasinya of Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Archbishop Paolo Romeo of Palermo, Italy.
- Archbishop Donald William Wuerl of Washington, U.S.A.
- Archbishop Raymundo Damasceno Assis of Aparecida, Brazil.
- Archbishop Kazimierz Nycz of Warsaw, Poland.
- Archbishop Albert Malcolm Ranjith Patabendige Don of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Archbishop Reinhard Marx of Munich and Freising, Germany.
The 4 Non-Electors:
- Archbishop Jose Manuel Estepa Llaurens, Military ordinary emeritus of Spain.
- Bishop Elio Sgreccia, Former president of the Pontifical Academy for Life.
- Msgr. Walter Brandmuller, Former president of the Pontifical Committee for Historical Sciences.
- Msgr. Domenico Bartolucci, Former director of the Pontifical Choir.
20 electors will be ONE MORE than the 120 limit specified by Paul VI (#263) — a limit that Benedict XVI (#266), when announcing his first consistory in February 2006, he implied he intended to withhold. This could indicate that one of the current cardinal electors is very ill and is not expected to around by November 20, 2010.
More later, today.
Thanks, Anura Guruge